This dish is sure to please anyone who formerly loved macaroni & cheese dishes, but this one is sans animal fats, cholesterol and guilt! This is like no other pasta dish you’ll try; the noodles are literally only 4 calories per serving! The cheeze has a savory and slightly spicy flavor which the broccoli perfectly compliments! Bon appétit!
- 1 16 oz package of kelp noodles
- 1 bunch of broccoli (We prefer using baby broccoli/raab)
- 1 recipe of ‘Cheezy Sauce’ (See below)
For the Cheezy Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper spice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- water to blend
- Blend “cheeze” components in a Vita Mix (or other high speed) blender until creamy adding enough water until reaching desired consistency, you want to leave this somewhat thick. Rinse kelp noodles under water and use kitchen shears to cut them shorter over a large bowl. Add Cheezy Sauce mixture and broccoli. Use a wooden spoon to toss ingredients together. If desired, top with red pepper flakes. Enjoy!!